Sunday, January 22, 2012

Technologically Challenged


Day 111
I remember writing out directions for my grandmother on how to use her VCR that started with “Press power button to turn machine on.”  I wonder if my grandkids will do the same for me. 

I’ve found my comfort zone with technology but don’t like to venture too far beyond it.  I’ve been struggling with html code and other foreign languages in my attempt to post the embedded video. 

I’m not one to give up easily.  I like to think I’m tenacious.  My husband might argue that I’m stubborn.  Tomato. Tomatoe. 

After several attempts, I figure it out! Hand pump, anyone?


A high school friend forwarded me this video (It's in the top right corner of the page.) from Life Vest Inside (LVI), an organization geared towards spreading kindness and goodwill.  LVI believes that in life we all need some help, perhaps a “life vest” to keep us afloat.  The group turns to kindness as a means of connecting people to one another. 

The boys and I watch it together. It provides a great jumping off point for talking about finding ways to be kind in everyday life. 

“What ways did you see people being kind in the video?”  I start.    

“I don’t want to answer,” I. says. 

“Do you think it’s a test?” I tease. 

He nods his head up and down. 

“It’s not.  There’s no right answer.  How about this…if kindness can go around a whole block do you think it can travel around the whole world?” 

“Yes!  It totally could!” 

I look to F.  “What do you think?” 

“Yeah, I bet it could.”

A smiles.  “All you have to do is be nice to one person.”

And the circle begins.   

Life Vest Inside, www.lifevestinside.com

No comments:

Post a Comment