Saturday, January 21, 2012

Shower with Kindness


Day 110
It’s a well-known fact among my friends that my sister nearly lost her mind when I got married thirteen years ago. 

“She’s having a hard time,” said my mom to explain away my sister’s behavior.   

This September I’ll stand beside my sister when she takes her wedding vows.  As her matron of honor, I’ll throw her a shower.  I’ll do it because it’s the right thing to do.    

I’ll do it despite the fact that when I got married she refused to plan one for me (“It’s just an excuse for you to get gifts!”) and refused to attend the one my friends planned. 

I spend the afternoon on Pinterest, my new obsession, collecting ideas for cookies, flower arrangements and favors.  I’m thinking an English garden party that both my British mom and sister will enjoy. 

This shower is also for me.  Only a thin line separates kindness from forgiveness.        

No comments:

Post a Comment