Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Picture Speaks A Thousand Words


Day 108
Hey, Marni C., this is your spoiler alert!

I’ve got a surprise planned for a friend who’s moving and I’m excited because I think she’s going to love it. 

For the past several days, I’ve been searching my computer photo files (quite a feat) to pull together an online photo book of pictures of her son and mine.  Think of it as a retrospect over the years, if you will.  The two are best friends.   

I'm amazed at how many photos I have of the two of them together: First days of school.  Basketball.  Birthday parties.  Neighborhood get-togethers.  Town festivals.  Halloween.  Fourth of July.

My favorite photo shows the two of them at a Flamingo Night we hosted at our house last summer. Colored plastic necklaces threaten to weight them down.  I. grins at the camera while E. grins at him.  A click of a camera tells the story of how these boys lives’ are wrapped up and around each other. 

When they get older, I want them to remember how there was a time when the biggest problem they had was deciding who got to be Anakin.  

I order two books, one for her son and one for mine.  I want both of them to remember.    

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, this is my first time reading your blog (sorry!) and as I sit in my little apartment away from my family I totally teared up reading this. Thank you so much for doing this. Friendship is so important!

    ReplyDelete