Monday, November 28, 2011

Give the Lady a Break


Day 55
There’s something beautiful about being pregnant.  Some glow.  Others grow.  All gain entrance into a secret sisterhood. 

When I was pregnant with my first child I gained 80 pounds.  My husband once asked me if I was making babies or eating them.  He’s the sensitive type. 

Besides being large and unwielding, I also had to pee.  All the time. 

About now you’re thinking, “What in heavens name is she talking about?”  Wait for it.
Chaz, the boys and I spent the day downtown at the Field Museum.  The line in the ladies’ room bathroom snaked around a corner and out the door. Behind me was a VERY pregnant woman. 
For the record, I’m one of those people that NEVER assumes someone is pregnant. The baby would need to be crowning before I’d ask, “When are you due?”  Just because I don’t ask, doesn’t mean I don’t notice. Her stomach was a perfect basketball on her petite frame.
“Go ahead.” I stepped back and motioned towards the opening stall door.
“Oh,” she said surprised, “thanks.” Then quickly rushed in.

I remember, sister.  No thanks necessary.   

No comments:

Post a Comment