Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Tasmanian Devil Hand Slapping


Day 172
“Mom, are you seeing this?”  A. yells from a neighbor’s driveway as he struggles with their recycling bin.  The dark green plastic container dwarfs him but he battles on. 

“Good job!” I say and give him a thumbs up, the universal sign of “you rock.”

Walking back down the drive, he bends and picks up the same neighbor’s paper.  A. raises it above his head and waves it, “This is my second act of random kindness!”  He walks to the front door and hits the doorbell. 

“Just put it on the porch,” I say.  “That’s good.”  He drops the paper and marches proudly across the lawn towards me. 

He stops, leans over and picks up a small piece of trash.  “Number three!”  He holds the trash over his head like a trophy. 

“High five!” I hold my palm out ready for some skin.   

“Mom, I did three things you know.” 

“Give me fifteen!”  That’s what I’m talking about.  

No comments:

Post a Comment