Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!

Day 151
My apologies in advance, but I couldn't seem to help myself.

Your words live on
As you knew they would
In kids’ minds
Where they should

And big kids too who remember when
Their parents read your words to them. 

At school, the teachers plan a special day
To read and read and sing and play.

I bake, decorate and deliver
Something much tastier than liver
Cookies in the shape of hats
To celebrate your famous cat.
















F. stays home sick and misses the fun
Which I’m sure there was a ton and ton. 

The kids cheer when the cookies arrive
Each class receives just twenty-five. 

To borrow your words as many do,
Thank you for teaching us “there’s no one youer than you.”

So kids embrace who they should be
Be it second grade or 103. 

Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss! 

No comments:

Post a Comment