Friday, February 17, 2012

Think Thin


Day 136
A stack of unread magazines stares at me from the center of our coffee table.  I can’t pass by them without feeling a mixture of guilt about not having read them and dread about when I could possibly find the time. 

This is nuts, I think.  As a stay-at-home mom of three boys, I’m doing the best I can.  I beat myself up on a daily basis on the things I can do better.  Unread magazines shouldn’t even make the short list. 

What’s even crazier is if I do read them will I really begin to dress like Carrie Underwood?  Will my thighs resemble the cover model of Health?  Will I prepare the luscious recipe for salmon on page 124 with ingredients I can’t pronounce?  Let’s get real.  It’s a resounding no.  

I try to not worry about things I can’t change.  With lacrosse and baseball practices crowding the already overflowing calendar, I don’t foresee a week of free reading in my future.  I pack up the magazines and head out to give them to someone who might like to read them and have the time. 

I mean, really, one of us should have those thighs.      

No comments:

Post a Comment