Thursday, February 2, 2012

Snuggly Softness


Day 121
I love my kids’ teachers. 

To celebrate the 100th day of school, the third grade classes will make blankets to give to children staying at the Ronald McDonald House at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital.  An email came yesterday asking for donations of solid and patterned fleece that the kids will cut and tie together in a double-sided, fringed blanket. 

When I was young, I loved visiting the fabric store with my mom.  Pattern books, countless bolts of fabric, rows of notions, heaven.  Entering through the front doors of Jo Ann Fabric, I feel the same way I did as a girl. 

I see a bolt of fabric and I see endless possibilities.  I’m only limited by my own imagination.  Geez, Jo Ann Fabric beats therapy!    

I pick two bolts for I.’s class project then grab two more for the Linus Project, an effort the boys help with that gives blankets to patients at Children’s. 

With kindness, the possibilities are endless.  

1 comment:

  1. WONDERFUL!!! We did something similar with Liam's cub scout crew...They had to work together and they were really proud when they were done...

    ReplyDelete