Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Hey, Cookie!


Day 127
OK, I’ll admit it.  It’s a hobby gone wild.

Cake pans threaten the hinges of my kitchen cabinets. Piles and piles of pans fill my cabinets.  They’re not limited to the kitchen.  Or the basement.  Or the garage.  That’s all I’m admitting to.

I collect cookie cutters like my boys collect LEGOS.  I see an infinite number of possibilities in each shape.  Don’t even get me started on the sprinkles. 

It’s nice tonight to share my obsession knowledge with some area moms at their monthly meeting.  I’ve spent the afternoon baking and making and coloring icings.  I want it to be hands-on.  I want it to be fun.  I want there to be some leftovers so the boys and I can decorate cookies tomorrow after school.    

It’s been a long and sugary road.  If I can share the things I’ve learned from my mistakes why wouldn’t I?  But as I tell my kids, is it ever a mistake if it can be topped with frosting?  

No comments:

Post a Comment