Saturday, October 15, 2011

Win-Win

Day 16

I say it every fall, but this time I mean it.  I WILL clean out the garage to fit (at least) one car inside before the weather changes. 

I’m making good progress.  Our old kitchen cabinets hang on the back wall.  (Labeling the drawers with my fancy-smancy label  maker made me slightly giddy with glee.)  I even threw on a coat of fresh paint.  I know, crazy! 

If there’s a woman on a mission, the best thing you can do is get out of her way.   

Even with all this, I've hit a roadblock.  Unless I remove the extra construction materials left over from our spring kitchen remodel, it’ll be window scraping every morning for the sixth year in a row. 

At my friend Kristen’s suggestion, I called Habitat for Humanity. They were thrilled to take the items.  I was thrilled to give them.    

In a matter of minutes, we’d agreed upon a time to pick up three sheets of drywall, some plywood, a dozen 2X4s, seven gallons of sheetrock and a couple planks of new, weatherproof decking. 

The boys and I are now on high alert for items we can donate from our house.  Clothes and toys are a given, but extra 2 X 4s?  What can we get rid of donate next?  

How about listing something you don’t need or want on Craigslist?  When the person shows up to pay, give it to them. 

When dividing flowers in your garden, pass along your plants to that green-thumbed neighbor. 

Drop off all your old People magazines (I know you love them as much as I do) to the gym.  Nothing makes my workout fly than reading about Brad Pitt!

The possibilities are endless!

No comments:

Post a Comment