Friday, October 19, 2012

Special Request


Day 287
“I’m bringing you dinner tomorrow!”

I run into my friend at the library.  She’s walking out.  I’m walking in. 

“No more food!” she laughs.  “We’re drowning in casseroles!” 

When word got out that a doctor diagnosed her husband with cancer, the wagons circled.  Someone set up a meal schedule on Meal Train, an online interactive calendar that allows people to pick a date and note what meal they will bring.  

Friends and neighbors rushed to sign up.  When a family’s as wonderful as this one with four great kids, people fall over themselves to help. 

“Is there anything you need?” I ask.  “Anything?” 

“Maybe some of your cookies,” she smiles. 

Done.     

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I've never heard of Meal Train, but it sounds like a great resource. I'm going to remember this for the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Meal Train is awesome! Not only does it let people see what days friends are bringing meals but also the administrator to send out mass messages to everyone on the "train" if there is a special need that comes up unexpectedly. Thanks for visiting the blog, Juliann!

    ReplyDelete