Sunday, April 1, 2012

Bucky the Dinosaur Cowboy


Day 173
The boys sit attentively as “Bucky” the dinosaur cowboy tells the story of how he discovered two T-Rexes on his South Dakota ranch.  The reenactment is part of the Dinosphere exhibit at the nationally renowned Indianapolis Children’s Museum.  For dinosaur-loving kids like mine, it’s heaven on earth. 

Bucky invites everyone to stay and “take a look around” before wrapping up and heading to the break room.  Ian bends over and starts collecting the square pieces of carpet he and the other kids sat on during the performance. 

“Those need to stay here,” I say without thinking.  When I look up, I see a museum staffer picking up and stacking carpet squares on the other side of the room. 

I touch Ian lightly on the shoulder, “Go ahead,” I correct.  “You had it the whole time.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment