Sunday, April 1, 2012

Here, Doggie, Doggie


 Day 174
From inside the house I see a beagle sniffing around our front yard.  I step to the right of the large picture window to see if I can spy his owner. 

“Stray dog!” I yell.  The boys’ eyes never leave the television screen. 

“Shoes, shoes, shoes…”  I mutter before finding one beneath the table and another lying next to the door.  I slip them on and race out the front door towards the dog..and its startled owner. 

“Oh, I…” I stammer.  “I didn’t see a leash and thought the dog was loose.” 

She holds up the hard plastic of her retractable leash.  An entire front yard separates the dog from his owner. 

“I didn’t mean to scare you,” I laugh.  “I just thought…”

“No,” she interrupts.  “Thanks!” 

We wave and both turn back towards our mornings. 

No comments:

Post a Comment