Saturday, September 22, 2012

I Am Woman Hear Me Roar


Day 274
I have a little baking business I initially started to raise money for the Susan G. Komen 3-Day Walk.  Three years and two walks later, business is booming.  Let Them Eat Cake’s grown to include parties, classes, weddings and specialty cakes, cupcakes and cookies.  A portion of all profits continues to go to charity. 

Today’s random act isn’t random to anyone who knows me.  A friend calls to ask if I can bake something for Volley for A Cure, a volleyball tournament and auction to benefit breast cancer research.  I don’t hesitate for a minute. 

A neighbor once asked me what motivated me to raise money for breast cancer.  “Does it run in your family?” she asks, thinking this will explain my commitment to this particular cause in a world full of wonderful causes. 

No, I answer.  It runs in women. 

Whether it be raising money for breast cancer research, offering to watch a child so a mom can go alone to the grocery store or lifting another woman up with kind words, the outcome is the same: we girls need to stick together.  

Women have always been the stronger sex.  Think what we can do if we band together.  

No comments:

Post a Comment