Monday, September 10, 2012

Apple for the Teacher


Day 269
It’s impossible to hide my own glee.  In fact, I’m trying to rein it in so the boys don’t suspect anything.  These last few weeks have been brutal with the boys inventing new daily ways to torment and torture each other.  We’re all ready for summer vacation to end and the schedule of school to start. 

“School starts tomorrow!  Aren’t you excited?”

“I’ve still got a lot to do,” F. answers. 

I think back on our jam-packed summer of swim team, afternoons at the pool, visits to Kings Island, a week at Family Camp and a catalogue of camps. 

“I’d hurry if I were you.  You only have twelve hours left.”  Giggle.  Giggle.    

Each year, I try to do something to make the first day of school special.  When I. started kindergarten I baked a cake in the shape of a school bus.  Last year, I crafted blackboards out of chocolate-covered graham crackers.  I like to mix it up. 

I hope the boys remember every first day of school and coming home to find a special treat waiting for them beside a glass of cold milk.  

Tada!  This is today’s treat. 



I love it so much I make extras and deliver a bunch around the neighborhood to some of my favorite kiddos. 

Now to bring cocktails to the moms to celebrate our first day of school…   

No comments:

Post a Comment